We’ve got a great opportunity for an experienced planning professional to join us and build on their existing planning knowledge, in a role which is:
- Interesting and extremely rewarding.
- Perfectly suited for someone who likes to work on their own initiative, managing their own varied and interesting caseload, with no two days the same.
- Designed to help you develop your skills and experience and progress your career.
- Ideal for someone who likes to work flexibly, with a lively, dynamic, friendly and supportive team of planning professionals.
About the role
This is a permanent, full time post with a starting salary up to £35,117.
A “Golden Hello” is available to the successful applicant and the amount, terms and conditions will be discussed with those selected for interview.
It’s a great time to be joining our planning team. We’re transforming our planning service, to tackle the unique planning challenges we face in our district.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Processing and negotiating on a range of planning applications, including householder and some minor cases.
- Managing a caseload of pre-application requests from residents.
- Working closely with other planning colleagues and assisting more senior planning officers with aspects of their application caseload.
Who we’re looking for
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Already have several years’ experience working in a local authority planning department or in a planning consultancy practice.
- Are knowledgeable about planning and planning legislation at a local, regional and national level.
- Have experience in managing all types of householder planning applications, preferably minor applications.
- Are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service, with a track record of building working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Are a highly motivated, flexible team player, with good communication skills and with a willingness to working in a fast-paced environment, with colleagues across a range of professions.
If you are currently seeking, or are willing to work towards, full membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute we would love to hear from you and would be willing to support you in achieving full membership.
If this sounds like your kind of challenge and you want to be part of our dynamic team, we want to hear from you.
Want to know more?
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Cliff Thurlow on 01883 732906 or e-mail email@example.com.