Are you a highly skilled, enthusiastic planning professional looking for a new challenge? Or perhaps you want to take the next step in your planning career?
We’re looking for a Senior Planning Officer to join our Planning Team, in a role which is:
- Interesting and extremely rewarding.
- Perfectly suited for someone who likes to work on their own initiative, managing their own varied and interesting caseload, with no two days the same.
- Made for someone who thrives on interesting planning challenges.
- Designed to help you develop your skills and experience and progress your career.
- Ideal for someone who likes to work flexibly, with a lively, dynamic, friendly and supportive team of planning professionals.
- Perfect for someone who is creative, enthusiastic and dynamic.
About the role
This is a permanent, full time post, with a starting salary up to £40,604.
A “Golden Hello” is available to the successful applicant and the amount, terms and conditions will be discussed with those selected for interview.
It’s a great time to be joining our planning team. We’re transforming our planning service, to tackle the unique planning challenges we face in our district.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Managing a caseload of high profile planning applications, working within our team of planning professionals.
- Providing vital pre-application advice to residents.
- Explaining our decisions in the event of any appeals.
- Working closely with other planning colleagues.
Who we’re looking for
We’d love to hear from you if you are:
- An experienced planner, with a good knowledge of planning and planning legislation at a local, regional and national level.
- Experienced in managing all types of planning applications and appeals
- Already experienced or willing to gain experience in presenting at committees.
- Passionate about delivering exceptional customer service, with a track record of building working relationships with key stakeholders.
- A highly motivated, flexible team player, with excellent communication skills, used to working in a fast-paced environment, with colleagues across a range of professions.
- Used to working on your own initiative, with minimal supervision.
If you are currently seeking, or are willing to work towards, full membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute we would love to hear from you and would be willing to support you in achieving full membership.
If this sounds like your kind of challenge and you want to be part of our dynamic team, we want to hear from you.
Want to know more?
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Cliff Thurlow on 01883 732906 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.