The starting salary for this role is £23,243 per annum based on a 36 hour working week. Our salary scales are competitive as compared to other providers.
In addition, we also offer generous weekend enhancements and Annual Leave Allowance.
We are looking for people who are motivated and committed to improving the lives of others and who have a desire to empower and promote independence. At the moment, we have opportunities for Permanent and Bank Support Staff at Mallow Crescent.
Mallow Crescent comprises of six modern houses in Burpham (near Guildford) providing a range of services for people with learning disabilities including supported living and short breaks. We support people with daily living tasks and personal care, and help enable access to leisure pursuits, education, skills development and social networks within the local community, using a person-centred approach.
The average week is 36 hours spread over 5 days and made up of a variety of shifts to support our 24 hour service at 25-30 Mallow Crescent, Burpham, Guildford, Surrey. We are happy to provide examples of shifts we require.
An interest and desire to support people with learning disabilities is essential, but Surrey County Council’s mandatory training and additional specific training will be provided.
As a Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with and supporting Adults with learning difficulties to create positive outcomes and promote independence.
- Direct practical interactions with service users; including cooking, personal care and engaging with the wider community.
- Organising the shift, communicating with colleagues to plan and coordinate activities.
- Engagement in planning, implementation and delivery of care plans.
- Working in partnership with other agencies.
- Report writing and attending/contributing to reviews as required.
- Ensuring all your training requirements are met and recorded accurately
You don’t need any formal qualifications to apply for Residential Support Worker positions; you simply need to have the right qualities:
- Understanding of the sensitivity to the needs of people with learning disabilities
- A willingness to encourage and support people with learning disabilities to access activities and facilities in the community
- Respect for the cultures and beliefs of the people we support
- The resilience and emotional intelligence to handle challenging situations. Every day is different and can throw up its own challenges and pressures. You need to be adaptable but able to follow guidelines with a consistent, person centred approach
- A flexible attitude, both to the level of care required by the people we support as well as the time requirements of the role
- Good computer skills would be a benefit
We also require people to have a driving licence and be willing to drive the cars available on site.Additional Information
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 31/07/2022 with interviews to follow. We do encourage candidates to apply as early as possible if available for immediate start.
An Enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
If you wish to have an informal discussion please contact Fatima Ahmad or Val Ivanov on 01483 455879
We look forward to receiving your application. Please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.