Job Title: Caretaker and Cleaner
Location of work: Woodhatch Community Centre
Salary: £18,849 - £20,811 pro rata
Basis: Part time (25 hours a week), Permanent
We are looking for a strong team player with a flexible approach to join the Woodhatch Community Centre as a Caretaker and Cleaner.
- Maintaining the building and surroundings to a high standard of cleanliness and decoration.
- Preparing the Centre for the various lettings and remaining on site during the lettings.
- Preparing refreshment trollies if required by hirers.
- To be conversant with and regularly test the fire and security system. To be a key holder and be available to open and close the Centre when required and ensure that it is left secure when not in use.
- To provide assistance to Centre users to ensure their comfort, safety and welfare.
- To undertake simple DIY tasks and decorating.
- To monitor supplies, place orders, accept and check deliveries and arrange neat, safe storage.
- To be willing to work at other Centres on an ad hoc basis should the need for cover arise.
The hours of work will vary depending on lettings, to include weekend working when required.
- You are capable of working well on your own and as a supportive member of a team.
- You are adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
- You are committed to customer care and take pride in helping to provide a happy and well-run facility as a strong team player.
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail Lisa.White@reigate-banstead.gov.uk.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.