The starting salary for this position is £46,634 per annum based on a 36 hour working week.
Surrey is a successful place of substance. It is perfectly placed on the edge of London and combines significant businesses with beautiful countryside, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Surrey boasts an excellent quality of life with attractions for all the family, outstanding education provision and performance – all within areas of outstanding natural beauty.
Over the past 12 months an extensive piece of work has been carried out, alongside partners in Surrey, to develop a brand and toolkit as well as Our Surrey Story book – showcasing the many hidden treasures the county has to offer. The One Surrey Story has started to gain widespread recognition in terms of the potential it offers as an umbrella brand and we are now looking for someone to lead the next stage of this exciting work for Surrey.
Working as part of Surrey County Council's corporate communications team, but alongside our partners, we want to highlight everything that makes this county great. Beautiful countryside. Great schools. Cutting edge universities. Excellent connections to London, the UK and the world. A thriving culture scene, with galleries, theatres, film and television production.
This work will require strong collaboration with influential businesses, groups, and projects such as Visit Surrey and Invest in Surrey, who will use the Surrey Story to highlight, support, and elevate their work. The success of the Surrey Story relies heavily on a strong network of partners who have bought into the story, and advocate and promote it as part of their own work and across their own networks. Strong partnership work will be a key to successfully establish the Surrey Story.
About the Role
The Senior Partnership, Promotion and Programme Manager will work across the Surrey system and with a wide range of partners to maximise the awareness, reach, impact and potential of the Surrey Story and Surrey brand in support of the County’s shared ambitions and objectives for the economy, people and place. The job that needs to be done is fourfold:
- Raise awareness and understanding of the need for, and content of, the Surrey Story and associated brand, across a wide range of influential partners and channels
- Establish a comprehensive strategic understanding of current opportunities which could be accelerated and driven further by being underpinned by a strong One Surrey Story brand
- Develop senior strategic relationships with key partners. Setting up networks and engagement opportunities that recognise the cross-cutting synergies and create enhanced outcomes
- Co-create and set out a results-focused programme of work which demonstrates what will be achieved by use of the One Surrey Story brand
To be shortlisted for interview for this position, your CV and personal statement should clearly evidence the following:
- Trained to degree level or equivalent alternative
- Proven experience in programme management
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Experience of managing public affairs engagement
- Effective communication skills
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 15/07/2022
Interviews will take place on 25/07/2022.
For an informal discussion please contact Vivian Orogun by e-mail at Vivian.Orogun@surreycc.gov.uk.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.