The starting salary for this role is £32,181.60 - £35,695.20 per annum, pro-rata to £40,227 - £44,619 and is based on a 28.80 working hour week, dependent on level of experience.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for part-time Senior Supervising Social Worker specialising in General Fostering to work 4 days a week. This post is based at Quadrant Court, Woking or Consort House, Redhill.
The successful candidate will be part of a creative Fostering service that works with the theories of trauma, attachment and loss, social pedagogy and restorative practice to ensure the best outcomes for our children.
The primary focus of the Senior Supervising Social Worker role will be supervising Foster Carers, as well as completing assessments for temporary approval under Regulation 24 and carrying out general tasks within the wider Fostering team.
Self-motivated and accustomed to working to deadlines, you will have good IT and communication skills, with experience of establishing and nurturing multi-agency relationships.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position, your application will clearly evidence:
- Experience of working with children and young people and a comprehensive knowledge of legislation relating to Looked After Children
- An ability to work directly with the wider public, Foster Carers and young people and be able to produce clear, evidence based and analytical assessments
- Flexibility to work evenings and occasional weekends, as the role includes attending recruitment events and home visits outside office hours
- You need to be a qualified Social Worker, registered with Social Work England
Although the role is primarily based within the Fostering Team in Quadrant Court, Woking you will need to be prepared to travel countywide and in some instances country-wide, therefore access to your own transport is essential.
Surrey operates an agile working policy with social care staff accessing offices on a rota/agile basis. We continue to visit children face to face unless there is an exceptional reason not to. The safety of our staff, vulnerable children and families is our paramount consideration and we continue to use virtual and hybrid models for meetings with professionals and families.
Surrey's Children’s service keeps on improving and with children at the heart of everything we do we share a passion, desire and commitment to become a high performing local authority and ultimately be recognised by Ofsted as Good and then Outstanding. We understand that the key to our success is our motivated and supported workforce who share our values and commitment to improving the lives of children in Surrey. As such we have created a new financial package that reflects our commitment to our staff and how much we value their support to achieve our shared goals.
From 1 October 2020 we are offering a new financial package of up to £6,000 to new permanent qualified frontline case-holding social workers, team managers and Independent Chairs (These are subject to tax and national insurance deductions and paid pro rata if you are part time):
- An unconsolidated welcome payment of £1,000 with a corresponding retention period of six months
- A further unconsolidated retention payment of £2,000 on completion of six months service, with a corresponding retention period of twelve months
- A final unconsolidated retention payment of £3,000 on completion of 18 months service with a corresponding retention period of two years
- Payment will be deducted from the final month salary should the corresponding tie in period not be completed
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 17th July 2022 with interviews to follow.
For an informal discussion please contact Carol Norrington Beard by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.