The starting salary for this role is £24,780 per annum for working 36 hours per week OR £12,390 per annum for working 18 hours per week.
We are currently recruiting to two My Helpdesk Officer roles, both of which are offered on a 12-month fixed term basis:
- 1x full-time (36 hours per week) post
- 1x part-time (18 hours per week) post
The Helpdesk team offers a front-line service to all queries related to the Local Government Pension Scheme. Enquiries are dealt with by telephone, e-mail and face-to-face.
We are seeking someone who always puts the customer first and can demonstrate excellent customer service skills. In this role, you will work efficiently and thrive in a varied and fast paced working environment.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to gain further knowledge and experience of a broad range of work areas as well as an insight into how different teams work.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- Minimum 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, or equivalent, or able to evidence ability at an equivalent level
- Ability to apply relevant health and safety, equality and diversity, and other County/Service policies and procedures
- Competency in a range of IT tools
- Ability to work with others to achieve objectives and improve customer service
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build sound relationships with customers
- Good administrative / organisational and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritise and plan own workload in the context of conflicting priorities and work on own initiative
- A methodical approach to information gathering, recording and reporting
- Previous relevant work experience and experience of maintaining business processes and systems
- Ability to guide and support less experienced or more junior colleagues.
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.
For more information please find the full job description below and refer to this before submitting your application. We also invite you to read our Life at Surrey handbook to see insights of the culture at Surrey and how as a valued employee, you can help shape our Council.Additional Information
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 29/06/2022 with interviews to follow.
This is a 12-month secondment / fixed term contract with scope to be made permanent based on performance.
For an informal discussion please contact Beth Evans on 07812 477179 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.