Job Title: Accommodation & Projects Officer
Base Location: Reigate & Banstead Borough Council
Salary: £30,108 - £37,602
Work Pattern: Full Time
About the role
We’re looking for a confident, customer focused person to join our small but busy housing team. You will get involved in a wide variety of housing activities. These range from assisting with the management of accommodation for homeless households to supporting the team to deliver the Council’s housing priorities and projects. This is a varied role which requires a flexible approach, a willingness to work on diverse activities and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About the person
- Experience of working in a busy social housing environment ideally within tenancy management or a supported housing setting
- Knowledge and experience of rent account management, basic repairs and an understanding of welfare benefits
- Ability to progress new projects and activities around additional homelessness accommodation and support including input into grant applications and funding opportunities
- Excellent written and communication skills with the ability to research and interpret information
- A person who is positive, flexible, supportive, and innovative.
In exchange for your expertise, experience, and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with enhanced flexible working arrangements, including working from home, competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership.
To arrange an informal discussion about the role with the Recruiting Manager, Alison Robinson, please call 01737 276 167.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
Closing Date: 27th June 2022 23:59
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change. Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
See 'Who we are' as a council, to find out more about us.
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **