We recognise that looking for your next Social Worker position is a really important career step but we’re here to make that transition a positive one. Below is a snapshot of our journey so far and some information about us but we’re equally keen to get you know you too. Our commitment to applicants is to remove barriers and to understand more about you and what you’re looking for so we’re pleased to confirm there are no intensive application forms here, we are happy to accept CVs. Take a read and we hope, you’ll be just as excited to speak to us as we are you.
Salary: £35,382 - £39,246 per annum for Social Workers and £40,227 - £44,619 per annum for Senior Social Workers. We also offer a financial package of up to £6,000 (please see further information in attached reward statement).
- Woking Quadrant Court
- Redhill Consort House
When not working with our residents in the community, we are keen to support flexible working with a combination of home and office working. We are keen to get the balance right of providing flexibility but ensuring you feel connected to your team and the service.
Ambitious about Ability
Our Children with Disabilities (CWD) service embodies our Council vision of no one being left behind. Our child-centred approach sees us working closely with the children and their families to ensure the whole family is supported. We are committed to working in partnership with families to achieve the best possible outcomes for children and young people. Our goal is to maximise life chances and opportunities for disabled children and we work closely with our colleagues in adult services to achieve this.
We believe strongly in the importance of building positive and consistent relationships between the families we work with and social workers, together with the multidisciplinary team.
Working within the service you will work closely with a range of professionals from education, health and the community and voluntary sector. This partnership working is crucial to achieve the best outcomes for our children and families.
We place a strong emphasis on high quality and regular supervision as well as shadowing opportunities with our Advanced Social Workers. We have a strong leadership team who will be supportive and focused on enabling you to develop your career, identifying appropriate training. We also believe strongly in involving all our team members in service development working closely with our partners including children and families.
Life outside Social Work
Surrey is committed to supporting you in and out of work and we offer a number of benefits to help support you in your time away from work. A few examples of these are:
- A competitive relocation package
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Car lease scheme
- Competitive local government pension
- Family and lifestyle discounts via Surrey Extra (discounts on everyday shopping with shopping cards and vouchers for Asda, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, Marks and Spencer, Primark and many more high street retailers. Plus voucher codes, cinema tickets and reward points, holiday offers and weekend breakaways, and lots more!
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Smart Employee Eyecare - free eye test and if required a free pair of discounted glasses, with no up-front costs to you!
- Employee Assistance Programme - offers advice, support and helpful information on personal, family, work, financial, legal and health issues, plus one to one counselling with 6 free counselling sessions.
- Fostering and adoption support
We’d love to hear from you
Our friendly teams could talk your socks off when it comes to all things Social Work. We’d love to hear from you and find out more about what you’re looking for so if you’d like to talk to us please just drop a quick message to email@example.com and we’ll get a call arranged. If you would like to talk to someone from the Children With Disabilities service let us know and we can arrange for you to talk to a member of the management team .