Are you looking to enter the world of full time work for the first time? Perhaps you’re already working but looking for an exciting new challenge? Whatever your situation, we have the opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Customer Services Advisor Apprentice to join our busy Customer Services team in a role which:
- Will help you gain valuable work experience as part of a friendly team.
- Gives you the chance to earn while you learn lots of new skills.
- Is interesting, varied and never dull, ideal for someone who is enthusiastic and thrives on a challenge.
- Is perfect for someone who is positive, hard-working and passionate about delivering great customer service.
About the role
Our Customer Services team is the first point of contact for our residents who need the Council’s help or advice, so this is an important and interesting role.
The successful applicant will be working in a fast-paced and busy environment, supporting our residents, staff and councillors by providing advice and support on our services on a daily basis, over the phone, by e-mail and face to face in our reception.
In addition to studying towards a nationally recognised qualification in Customer Services (NVQ Level 2), this role will also provide valuable work experience and the opportunity to learn and use a variety of software and IT systems.
You don’t have to be a school leaver or a young person to be an apprentice, so this role is ideal for people of any age, whether you’re entering the job market or looking to use your skills and experience for a career change.
Who we’re looking for
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have great communications skills and a positive, can do attitude.
- Have good customer service skills, including being comfortable speaking with people on the phone and face to face.
- Can work flexibly, including on your own initiative during busy periods.
- Are comfortable using Microsoft Office.
This is a full-time role and the successful applicant will be paid the national minimum wage dependant on age. Applicants must demonstrate they meet the criteria of the role as described in the role specification.
Want to know more?
If you have any questions, please e-mail KSargeant@tandridge.gov.uk or call 01883 732219 for an informal discussion about the role.
We do not accept CV applications on their own, so please complete the application form if you’d like to apply for the role.
We look forward to hearing from you!