The starting salary for this role is £24,780 per annum, working 36 hours per week.
The role is being offered as a 12-month fixed term or secondment (for those already working for Surrey County Council) opportunity.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Surrey’s Children’s Single Point of Access as a Community Connector, within the Early Help Hub.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Promoting and raising awareness of the FIS and Local Offer websites and directories in presentations to practitioners and parents
- Building relationships in the community, finding out about new and existing services and use this to populate the directory to ensure it is up to date
- Attending community settings where families and young people will be present and signpost them to appropriate services and support
- Ensuring families are able to access support early, this may be achieved through targeted FEET work, case discussion attendance, attendance at events and groups.
- Assisting with offering signposting and other support to families and ensuring that families are supported as they step down from social care to early help.
To be shortlisted for this role you will need to demonstrate some of the following:
- Excellent knowledge of the voluntary and community sector, as well as a knowledge of voluntary and community services in Surrey and/or how to find out about local services and how to support people to access them.
- You are a skilled listener with strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to maintain effective working relationships with the voluntary and community sector, with a positive attitude towards collaborative work with peers, colleagues and other professionals.
- Experience of working in or with communities in Surrey.
- Experience of supporting individuals and / or families ideally on a 1:1 basis.
- The ability to plan your work using your own initiative
- Strong IT skills
It is also important that a candidate demonstrates they are adaptable, quick to learn and proactive.
Although some travel will be expected as part of the role, the opportunity to work agilely will be offered as part of the role.
If you are passionate about making a difference and have the skills, we are looking for then we would love to hear from you!
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.
For more information please find the full job description below and refer to this before submitting your application. We also invite you to read our Life at Surrey handbook to see insights of the culture at Surrey and how as a valued employee, you can help shape our Council.Additional Information
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 30th May 2022.
Interview dates to be confirmed.
This is a 12-month fixed-term contract/ secondment opportunity.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
For an informal discussion contact Michael Pipe by e-mail at email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.