The starting salary for this position is £21,943 per annum based on a 36 hour working week.
Surrey Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) are looking for a Supply Driver and Support Assistant to join our Supply Department, within the Logistics function.
SFRS provide emergency services around the county, 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year. To help us to operate effectively we require essential goods and equipment to be delivered promptly to fire service buildings and other locations across Surrey.
We are looking for an organised person with excellent interpersonal skills to join our small but crucial logistics team currently based in Reigate. This position is split between time working primarily as a Large Van Driver and occasionally as a Supply Support Assistant, depending on the demands of the organisation.
When operating as a Driver, you could be dispatching from the Supply department in Reigate, or routes commencing from locations such as Chertsey, Woking or Guildford, and will cover the entire county to deliver everything from safety, operational and emergency equipment to stationery, cleaning products and internal mail – everything our locations will need to stay “on the run” and to protect the people of Surrey.
Whilst at our Supply department in Reigate you may occasionally be required to receive and dispatch deliveries, pick and pack stock items and interact with suppliers and internal clients. The role will involve working to tight deadlines to ensure essential items reach their destination to schedule, ensuring our fire and rescue service remains operational.
We are seeking people who:
- Have experience of driving vans, planning and adapting routes, and making multiple daily deliveries
- Can work with accuracy, plan and prioritise work with the ability to adapt to changing situations
- Have a “can do” attitude and can work to resolve issues independently when appropriate
- Have experience liaising with internal and external clients to resolve issues satisfactorily
- Have excellent interpersonal skills in order to work co-operatively and flexibly as a member of a team, and to liaise effectively with staff at all levels
- Have excellent knowledge of Surrey geography and major road layout
Due to the nature of the role, to be shortlisted to interview your application will clearly evidence:
- You possess a current full clean UK driving license [category C1] with no previous driving disqualifications.
- You are confident in safe manual handling procedures carrying weights of over 5kg and up to approx. 20kg
- Organisational skills in order to plan and prioritise work, to meet deadlines and to work with minimal supervision.
- An ability to work both independently and as part of a team
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.Additional Information
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 05/06/2022.
Interview dates to be confirmed.
For an informal discussion please contact Alan Conway on 01737 224067 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.