Job Title: Community Development Worker
Location of work: Town Hall, Reigate with main travel in the Redhill area
Salary: £34,062 - £37,602
Basis: Full-time, two-year fixed term contract
Are you passionate about community development and influencing tangible change in our communities? Do you have experience of partnership working across the public and voluntary sectors together with a range of engagement techniques? Then this is the job for you!
Our passionate and highly experienced Community Development Team is looking for an enthusiastic individual to help them continue their great work in the local community. This rewarding role will require you to develop and maintain a clear understanding of issues, identify and develop opportunities/projects and solutions to specific issues across individual and priority communities. You will develop the capacity of the targeted communities to support themselves accessing public/voluntary sector services more effectively, develop and deliver projects and secure external funding. You will establish and maintain strong frontline professional networks across sectors to support effective multi-agency working,
In supporting the team’s contribution to the Council’s five-year plan, you will also be supporting residents to take the lead in local community initiatives, encourage the development of a strong volunteer base and supporting local individuals who need signposting, advocacy or guidance.
About the Person:
You will have demonstrable practical experience of asset-based community development
- Your partnership working across the public and voluntary sectors will be strong
- You will have experience of a range of community engagement techniques
- You will be able to work flexibly including regular evening / weekend work and including working across multiple bases
- You will have a solid understanding of managing project finances and fundraising techniques
- You are able to analyse, interpret and present data, for example in funding bids and / or in progress reports
- You will have strong negotiating, persuading and influencing skills
- You will understand the impact of health inequalities on vulnerable communities
You will be highly motivated and capable.
- Are capable of working well on your own and as be a supportive member of a team.
- Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
- A good standard of secondary education i.e. literacy, numeracy etc. - Essential
- A qualification in a social science or related discipline - Preferred
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Closing Date: Sunday 5 June 2022 (23.59)
Interviews: Friday 17 June 2022
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail email@example.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
See 'Who we are' as a council, to find out more about us:
**NO AGENCIES PLEASE**
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs without a fully completed online application form.