Adolescent Social Workers, Senior Social Workers and Advanced Social Workers - Adolescent Services (£35,382 - £44,619)
We have positions available across our offices based in both Guildford and Redhill. Please indicate when applying if there is a specific location you would like to be considered for.
The is an exciting opportunity to be part of a Safeguarding Adolescents Team that brings together services for young people including those who go missing, are struggiling with their mental health, are involved in gang culture and are vulnerable to exploitation including criminal and sexual exploitation. Our team includes social workers and youth support practitioners who are focussed on achieving positive outcomes for young people.
We are committed to doing things differently through implementing a new model for working with adolescents, taking into account current research and best practice, and are looking for people who want to be part of this journey. Surrey County Council’s new approach to safeguarding adolescents is an integrated model shaped to meet the needs of all adolescents – this structure and approach means we are child first when we approach the range of issues that can present during adolescence. Our approach includes improving family relationships so that children and young people can remain living within their family or extended network.
The Safeguarding Adolescents Team brings together services for young people. Practitioners work collaboratively with partner agencies to implement interventions which will safeguard young people whilst improving their outcomes using the Safeguarding Adolescents Model. Our teams are trained in motivational interviewing and have access to a range of in house adult practitioners (including drug and alcohol practitioners, mental health practitioners, psychologists, CAMHS Social Worker, domestic abuse practitioners) to support the work that we do with children, young people and their families. These professionals are employed by the team to deliver the family resilience model which supports children remaining at home, supports parents and families to develop and sustain change. Motivational interviewing is the key to effecting systemic change. The holistic approach afforded by the multi-agency team provides opportunities for professional development.
Have you got the passion and drive to make positive changes in the lives of adolescents?
You will work with skilled, passionate, and supportive Team Managers and colleagues, looking at innovative ways to address adolescent risk outside of the home, building relationships with our families and partners so the voices of our young people are heard.
We are looking for skilled and passionate adolescent workers who are experienced at working with young people and have the confidence and emotional intelligence to engage others. We are looking for:
• Social workers that have completed their ASYE and are Social Work England Registered
• Able to demonstrate skills in supporting adolescents at risk of exploitation, gang culture or other contextual safeguarding risks.
• Experience in working with young people and have an understanding of risk factors for adolescents especially in Surrey.
• Capable of working with professionalism and empathy, able to write good quality assessments, implementing contextual plans, delivering interventions and undertaking court work if required.
We need passionate social workers who want nothing but the best outcomes for Surrey’s young people.
Our offer to you – a salary ranging from £35,382 - £44,619 depending on your experience.
To recognise your exceptional skills and talent, further to a competitive salary, we are now offering a new financial package of up to £6,000 to new permanent, qualified, frontline case-holding Social Workers, Team Managers and Independent Chairs (These are subject to tax and national insurance deductions and paid pro rata if you are part time):
- An unconsolidated welcome payment of £1,000 with a corresponding retention period of six months
- A further unconsolidated retention payment of £2,000 on completion of six months service, with a corresponding retention period of twelve months
- A final unconsolidated retention payment of £3,000 on completion of 18 months service with a corresponding retention period of two years
- Payment will be deducted from the final month salary should the corresponding tie in period not be completed
Salary scales for roles are as follows:
- Social Worker: (£35,382 - £39, 246 per annum)
- Senior and Advanced Social Workers: (£40,227 - £44,619 per annum)
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
Applications will be reviewed on a daily basis and interviews will be arranged within a week.
We look forward to receiving your application.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.