Are you an experienced planning professional looking for a new challenge? Or perhaps you want to take the next step in your career?
We’ve got an exciting opportunity to lead our teams of planning officers, in roles which are:
- Interesting, varied and very rewarding.
- Perfectly suited for someone who thrives on interesting and unique planning challenges.
- Designed to help you develop your skills and experience and progress your career.
- Ideal for someone who likes to work flexibly, leading a lively, dynamic and supportive team of planning professionals.
- Perfect for someone who is creative, enthusiastic and dynamic.
About the roles
It’s a great time to be joining our planning team. We’re transforming our planning service, to tackle the unique planning challenges we face in our district. The successful applicants will play a key role in this transformation, leading our team of planning professionals and helping shape the way our planning service operates, getting involved in key decision making and helping develop new ways of working.
The successful candidates will be responsible for assessing high profile planning applications, providing vital pre-application advice to residents, explaining our decisions in the event of any appeals and leading and supporting and mentoring other members of the team.
Who we’re looking for
We’d love to hear from you if you are:
- An experienced planner, with a good knowledge of planning and planning legislation at a local, regional and national level.
- Experienced in managing all types of planning appeals and presenting at committees.
- Passionate about delivering exceptional customer service, with a track record of building working relationships with key stakeholders.
- A highly motivated, flexible team player, with excellent communication skills, used to working in a fast-paced environment, closely with colleagues across a range of professions.
- Used to working on your own initiative, with minimal supervision.
- A member of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
This is a permanent, full-time posts and the appointment is at grade M4 £47,961. Applicants must demonstrate they meet the criteria of the role at M4 level as described in the Role Specification.
If this sounds like your kind of challenge and you want to be part of our dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Cliff Thurlow on 01883 732906 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit our job pages using the apply online button below.