Surrey County Council's Speech and Language Therapy team are busy building our 2022 cohort! We are looking for 12 more Therapists to join the 5 already recruited, to make up our cohort of NQPs and experienced Band 5’s joining us next academic year. We are a large and expanding, friendly team and our students tell us that our sociability, manageable caseload sizes and emphasis on regular meetings with peers are real strengths of the service.
Do you want your first post to be in an innovative, evidence-based and outcome-focused service, with excellent supervision, and development opportunities?
We are a large team (over 150) of both qualified Therapists and non-qualified Assistants, covering all maintained schools across Surrey (mainstream and specialist), and can offer mixed posts matched to your clinical interests. We have offices based in Leatherhead, Redhill and Woking and promote flexible working. There is a well-defined SLT leadership team in each of the four quadrants, so support and guidance will always be on hand and our Service Manager is a Speech and Language Therapist!
We can offer you:
- Competitive salary starting at £28,974 for 5 days a week across 42 weeks per year (term time + 3 weeks of holiday working) pro-rata to £31,273. Part time and fixed term opportunities are available
- Flexible working options around school core hours
- Mobile and agile working solutions
- Comprehensive clinical supervision programme including a buddy, 1:1 meetings with line manager (weekly for NQP’s for the first 3 months moving to monthly over the first year, at your pace), extensive in house training programme and formal external training opportunities, access to clinical effectiveness groups, case study groups and an NQP / Band 5 group, termly study days, encouragement to join and attend CEN’s relating to practice
- Enhanced support for NQP’s to take you through your competencies
- Local government salary-related pension offered and the option to join the car lease scheme. For more information, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff
- A mixed and varied caseload across settings and age groups
- Termly themed study days for the whole SLT team
We are looking for Therapists who:
- Want to develop their skills working with school aged children
- Have a recognised SLT degree in Speech and Language Therapy
- Are registered with the HCPC and RCSLT, and have permission to work in the UK
About the Service
The school-aged SLT service is part of Surrey’s local SEND offer, working collaboratively with the Inclusion and Additional Needs Team and other areas like Educational Psychology and Specialist Teaching.
Our aim is to deliver the right support at the right time through assessment and intervention; equipping families and professionals with the skills and resources to help support children with SLCN. We follow the Balance model to offer universal, targeted and specialist support for children, families and the school workforce; working with children and young people with EHCPs and those at SEN support following Surrey's Graduated Response.
About the Role
The role of Speech and Language Therapist is varied and no two days will be the same, however you can expect to be involved with the following:
- Clinical decision making, in conjunction with school staff and evidence–based practice, around the level of support needed to achieve the best possible outcomes for the children on your defined caseload
- Working with SLT Assistants, setting targets for the children and young people you are jointly supporting and monitoring the delivery and outcomes of their work
- Assessment, advice and intervention for children with a range of speech, language and communication needs within your caseload
We are a friendly team of dedicated professionals who are passionate about the work we do. If you feel like this could be the place to kick start your career or further develop your therapy skills and knowledge, then please do get in touch. For an informal discussion contact Rachel Brown or Sarah Lally by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.comAdditional Information
The closing date for this advert is 23:59 on the 3rd June 2022, although we will be looking at applications as they come in and begin shortlisting and interviewing candidates in advance of the closing date. Interviews will be conducted via Microsoft Teams.
When your employment begins, you will need to be a member of the RCSLT and HCPC.