Do you want to work in a large and innovative Speech and Language Therapy service, working with school staff to achieve the best outcomes for children and young people in Surrey?
Our SLT service is seeking innovative and outcome-focused Specialist Speech and Language Therapists (NHS band 6 equivalent), to work in mainstream and specialist schools.
New specialist schools and centres are opening across Surrey, so we have a range of new and established posts for Speech and Language Therapists. You will work in mainstream schools as well as a specialist school or centre depending on your clinical interests (full or part time hours will be considered). You will work with children with Education Health and Care Plans as well as those needing targeted Special Educational Needs support.
We can offer you:
- Salary starting at £32,780 per annum – this is for five days a week, 42 weeks per year (term time + 3 weeks of holiday working) pro-rata to £35,382
- Flexible working options around school core hours
- A mixed and varied caseload across settings and age groups, depending on your skills and interests
- Mobile and agile working solutions
- Comprehensive clinical supervision programme including a buddy, 1:1 meetings with line manager, extensive in-house training programme and formal external training opportunities, access to clinical effectiveness groups, case study groups, termly study days, encouragement to join and attend CEN’s relating to practice
- Opportunities to develop management skills by taking on the line management of Assistants or experienced PS8/Band 5 Therapists and taking students (training and support provided)
- A team of students, Therapists and Assistants led by a Therapies Manager who is an SLT
- Generous Local government salary-related pension offered and the option to join the car lease scheme
For more information, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
We are looking for Therapists who:
- Want to extend their clinical expertise and independent clinical decision making
- Are looking to support the development of the therapy team and service
- Have a recognised SLT degree and a minimum of 2 years’ experience working as an SLT
- Are registered with the HCPC and RCSLT, and have permission to work in the UK
About the Role
The School-Aged SLT Service is part of Surrey’s local SEND offer, working collaboratively in the Inclusion and Additional Needs team in Surrey’s Children, Families and Learning directorate, with other teams like Educational Psychology and specialist teachers.
We aim to deliver the right support at the right time, through assessment and intervention, and equipping families and professionals with the skills and resources to work together to help and support children with SLCN. We follow the Balance model to offer universal, targeted and specialist support for children, families, and the school workforce, and work with children and young people with EHCPs and those at SEN support following Surrey’s Graduated Response.
Your main duties in the role of Speech and Language Therapist will include but not be limited to:
- Clinical decision making in conjunction with school staff around the level of support needed to achieve the best possible outcome for the children on your defined caseload
- Working with Speech and Language Therapy Assistants, setting targets for the children and young people they are supporting, and monitoring of the delivery and outcomes of their work
- Assessment, advice and intervention for children with a range of speech, language and communication needs within your caseload. For children and young people on your caseload who are considered to have complex needs and where a joint multidisciplinary approach is essential to achieving the best outcome for these children, you will be supported by your clinical team leader
- Supporting junior members of the team, line managing others and taking on students
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 25th May 2022 with interviews taking place week commencing 13th June 2022.
For an informal discussion please contact Melissa Sartin on 07970 829603 or by e-mail at email@example.com