We are looking for an enthusiastic and organised Business Support Officer to join our busy Environmental Health team. If you are committed to the provision of excellent service, have the necessary skills, and find this an exciting prospect, this could be the position for you.
You will provide administrative support Environmental Health team in their pollution control and animal welfare licensing duties, and support for performance management and compliance. Your work will also include providing support for other aspects of environmental health work.
What we’re looking for from you: -
- Firm belief in excellent customer care. Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to deal with a wide range of customers in a professional and courteous manner
- Firm belief in the need to change and adapt to meet the challenge of continuous service improvement
- Firm belief in importance of continuous personal development
- Ability to manage and prioritise a heavy workload to ensure that targets/deadlines are met.
- Excellent team player
- High standard of ICT skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
This post is identified as a hybrid post supporting both office and home working in line with Spelthorne Borough Council’s policy. The post holder will be required to attend the office in line with a rota and any service requirements.
We can offer excellent conditions of service with a benefits package that includes flexible working arrangements, pension scheme, and free car parking.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Tracey Willmott-French (Senior Environmental Health Manager) on 01784-446271, or Lorraine Macey (Business Support Manager) on 01784-446293
Closing date: 22 May 2022 (Midnight)
Interview date: 16 June 2022
For full information and to apply online, go to www.surreyjobs.info or www.spelthorne.gov.uk alternatively, please contact Recruitment Services on (01784 444263 (24hr answer phone) quoting reference number 1018.
Unfortunately, we are unable to reply to all candidates. If we have not contacted, you within 3 weeks of the closing date then your application has been unsuccessful.
All shortlisted applicants will be contacted via email after the closing date. CVs can only be accepted in support of a completed application form.
Working towards equal opportunities
Strictly No Agencies
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.