Property Asset Manager (remote working)
Are you an enthusiastic and dedicated asset manager who would like to manage a substantial and diverse portfolio of land and properties? Do you want to work in a supportive team environment and help the Council achieve its 5-year plan? Then this is the job for you!
*There will be some home working available with this role.
Our friendly, supportive and dynamic Property and Facilities Team is looking for an innovative, supportive, positive and flexible individual to help them achieve their 5-year plan. Reigate and Banstead Borough Council delivers services to one of the most attractive areas of England and we’re dedicated to enhancing everything we do. You will help increase our income, as you assist with the management of a substantial diverse portfolio of community assets and investments – undertaking property management, rent reviews, lease renewals, handling the sale of surplus property, acquisitions and the provision of professional advice and support.
You will have the opportunity to support colleagues working on regeneration schemes, development opportunities and other projects. You also will be responsible for dealing with a wide range of enquiries from council officers, Councillors and the public, so you will need good interpersonal and written communication skills.
About the Person:
- You will have a solid understanding of the property market.
- You will possess good knowledge of legislation relevant to property
- Your awareness / understanding of asset management and best value principles will be strong
- You will have a good awareness of current developments affecting local government and their impact on property
- You will be aware of political sensitivities
- You will have proven experience of commercial estate management, service charge administration and providing valuation advice
- You must have a full driving licence to drive in the UK.
- You will be highly motivated and capable.
- Are capable of working well on your own and as be a supportive member of a team.
- Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors FRICS or MRICS or significant experience of performing in a similar role
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Closing Date: 13 February 2022 @ 23:59
Interviews: W/c 21 February 2022
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail email@example.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.