Can you work a few hours a week supporting older people in the Hersham community? Can you offer a smile and a cheery attitude to our customers as you serve them a hot meal? Would you like to spend time with a group of dedicated and inspiring people? If the answer to these questions is ‘yes’, then we may have the role for you?
You will be based in the heart of the Hersham community at our Hersham Centre for the Community on Queen’s Road. Working with an energetic and dedicated team, you will be providing meals to our customers, supporting our Meals on Wheels service, and maintaining a safe and clean kitchen. However, there is more to your role than ensuring high standards of hygiene and service are provided; you will be one of the people bringing a smile, a laugh and even comfort to our older and more vulnerable customers.
As Community Support Services we are committed to providing welcome support to our Elmbridge communities and, in particular, our older residents. We have continued to work during the pandemic, making the difference for our residents. This group of committed and inspiring individuals come together to offer our residents a huge variety of care and support. For example,
- Meals on wheels
- Community alarm and telecare services
- Community transport
- Services for people living with dementia and their carers
- Provision of equipment to support independent living
- Dedicated support service for those with learning disabilities
- Specialist groups supporting those with Parkinson’s and those recovering from a stroke.
You can be part of this!
At the heart of these services are our seven Centres for the Community in Hersham, Walton-on-Thames, Weybridge, Thames Ditton, Cobham, Molesey and Claygate. Each of these centres has its own personality; its own community but they are connected by a determination to provide high quality services to older and vulnerable people in our community.
About the role
- The job will be truly varied and as you might expect from the job title you will be involved with numerous kitchen and catering tasks such as, kitchen cleaning, dish washing, food preparation as well as assisting in serving lunches.
- You will be in a great position to share ideas at the Centre and to help ensure that our Hersham Centre provides the best possible service to our customers.
- You will have a good standard of education, be equally happy working in a team as on your own and you will understand the value the importance of customer service.
If you would like to know more, please call Amy on 01932 246267 or pop into Hersham Centre for the Community to meet the team and to find out more.
Closing date: Monday, 14 February 2022.