We are seeking to appoint a Housing Lawyer who has relevant experience working within local government to deal with a varied caseload and providing legal advice, support and representation to the Council.
The main work includes:-
- Advising and providing legal representation to Tenancy and Housing Income Officers
- Managing a varied caseload of Housing related matters including possession proceedings, anti-social behaviour injunctions, disrepair claims.
- Attending the County Court and Magistrates Court as the Council’s representative
The successful candidate must be a Qualified Solicitor, Barrister or Chartered Legal Executive able to demonstrate experience in all aspects of Housing law.
In exchange, the Council offers support in continuing your professional development as well as a wide range of employment benefits.
The role will involve evening committee work as and when required and is based at the Civic Offices in Woking.
What we offer
In return, we offer
- A competitive salary (£43,784 - £51,424 pro rata)
- Flexible benefits (£2,506 pro rata)
- 23 days annual leave
- Flexi time scheme
- Membership of the local government pension scheme
- Discounted health and leisure membership
For more information please see the Job Profile and when applying please clearly identifiy how your skills and experience match the job description and person specification.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Gareth John, Head of Legal Services at Woking Borough Council on 01483 743077 or email email@example.com .
Under the Local Democracy, Economic Development and Construction Act 2009, this post is politically restricted and you will be disqualified from being a Councillor, Member of Parliament or Member of the European Parliament. The regulations restrict the post holder from undertaking canvassing on behalf of a political party or a person who is or seeks to be a candidate or speaking to the public at large or publishing any written or artistic work that could give the impression that they are advocating support for a political party