Are you looking to obtain some valuable and rewarding work experience helping to make our borough a great place to live, work and enjoy? Do you want the chance to develop your administration skills supporting the Council in respect of Benefits, business rate and council tax accounts? Then this is the opportunity for you!
This fantastic opening within our friendly Revenue, Benefits and Fraud Team will provide you with a chance to gain an insight into Revenues and Benefits. You will be dealing directly with Revenues and Benefits customers enquiries electronically and by post, indexing all incoming correspondence and maintaining a register for “Valuables” ensuring their safe return. You will also process changes to rent and income, process refunds and set up new properties as well as sending reports to the Valuation Office. You will receive excellent one to one training and support from a highly experienced team.
About the Person:
- You will have experience of working in an office environment
- You will have good interpersonal skills with experience of dealing with the public
- You will be computer literate and have experience of using the Internet, Word, Excel and Outlook
- You will have good literacy skills as you will be producing letters and emails
- You will be highly motivated and capable.
- Are capable of working well on your own and as be a supportive member of a team.
- Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
- GCSE English and Maths level 4 or equivalent - Essential
- 3 other GCSE level 4 or equivalent - Preferred
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Closing Date: 30 January 2022 @ 23:59
Interviews: W/c 14 February 2022
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail email@example.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.