The Council has recently published our Digital Strategy 2022-25 demonstrating our ambition to become a digital leader. As part of this we are embarking on a digital transformation program to realise the benefits of our Microsoft365 implementation and develop new ways of working across the Council to support our citizens and local businesses.
This is an ideal career opportunity to work within a professional team delivering the transformation of ICT systems and promoting digital provision of services.
We are looking for a self-motivated and experienced Infrastructure Support Officer to implement and support the ICT Infrastructure to deliver the Council’s digital aspirations.
The successful applicant will be part of our busy Infrastructure Team, managing existing systems and new initiatives. They will be able to demonstrate: -
- Effective team working
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- An excellent awareness of cyber and data security best practice
- Experience of supporting core infrastructure, including LAN/WAN, storage, virtualisation, telephony and implementation of Cloud services including Microsoft 365
- Appraisal of ICT solutions during the procurement process
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation, partners and suppliers
The Council offers in return a generous flexi time scheme with the ability to take two flexi days a month, membership of the local government pension scheme, discounted health and leisure membership, plus many more excellent benefits.
There will be an assessment exercise to undertake as part of the interview.
Interview date : 23rd February 2022
How to Apply
Woking Borough Council values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please apply online via the link provided.