Are you looking to obtain some valuable and rewarding work experience helping to make our borough a great place to live, work and enjoy? Do you want the chance to join the most successful Business Rates collection team in the country? Then this is the opportunity for you!
Being the number one for Business Rates collection is a credit to our hardworking and dedicated Business Rates and Debt Recovery team. This fantastic opening will provide you with a chance to gain an insight into Debt Recovery. You will assist with answering customer enquiries over the telephone via emails/letters, amending/maintaining customers’ accounts and their records and processing customers’ credit and debit card payments over the telephone. You will also negotiate and set up payment arrangements, trace absconded debtors and assist the Debt Recovery Officer by actively managing a case load through the debt recovery process. You will receive excellent one to one training and support from a highly experienced team.
About the Person:
- You will have experience of working in an office environment
- You will have good interpersonal skills with experience of dealing with the public
- You will be computer literate and have experience of using the Internet, Word, Excel and Outlook
- You will have good literacy skills as you will be producing letters and emails
- You will be highly motivated and capable.
- Are capable of working well on your own and as be a supportive member of a team.
- Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
- Minimum of Maths and English grade C GCSE or equivalent
Closing Date: 23 January 2022 @ 23:59
Interviews: W/c 31 January 2022
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail email@example.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.