Are you passionate about creating great customer journeys? Do you have a full appreciation of how technology can act as an enabler for these journeys, providing great experiences as well as delivering significant business efficiencies? Are you a credible digital leader who can set the strategic agenda as well as manage the change? If you can put a big tick in all three boxes then we want to hear from you!
Guildford Borough Council are looking for a Digital Services Lead to help deliver customer solutions across our website, customer portal and social media channels. Having recently introduced Salesforce Service Cloud, we're now evaluating further opportunities to develop our self-service model, enable channel shift and make best use of technology. If this sounds like the role for you, please keep reading.
Applicants are requested to complete the application form and submit a copy of your current CV - closing date is 7 December 2021
The Customer, Case & Parking team is at the heart of transformational change within Guildford Borough Council. A newly established service team, we are responsible for owning the majority of customer interactions and have recently implemented Salesforce as the main tool for developing customer journeys and managing contact.
As the Digital Lead you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring a consistently high quality and development of the council’s digital presence, including the website and all customer portals.
- Providing expert advice and support to all customer-facing services to define requirements and design & implement transformative solutions that deliver growth, digitisation and better experiences for customers, colleagues, and communities.
- As Salesforce Product Owner, promote Salesforce as the default solution for digital services.
- Owning the process for evaluating and prioritising digital change requests to determine the right solutions are delivered (tactical & strategic).
- Supporting Service Leads in developing business plans that clearly reflect their operational requirements.
- Ensuring all digital solutions and integrations provide best value for money.
- Owning and delivering the customer engagement strategy and actively promoting channel shift and the adoption of new digital channels.
- Improving the customer experience across all digital channels, informed by customer engagement and feedback, whilst ensuring internal business needs are met.
- Ensuring performance data and customer insight supports continuous improvements for customers and back-office system users.
- Working closely with the ICT team to develop and maintain a digital roadmap that will result in a rationalisation of systems over time.
- Maintaining a positive and collaborative relationship with 3rd Party suppliers.
- Owning the corporate relationship with Salesforce.com.
- Management of the digital team – currently a Website Manager and Salesforce Administrators.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A track-record of management in successful design, delivery and continuous improvement of high-quality products and services which maximise opportunities offered by digital technology.
- Experience of writing and delivering digital strategies, ideally in public sector organisations.
- Significant, proven experience in motivating self-organising Agile teams.
- Experience of managing the expectations of stakeholders with conflicting needs and demands, engaging with senior managers, and developing plans for customer rollout.
- Demonstrable understanding and practical experience in all aspects of the lifecycle of digital projects and programme delivery and the associated business change activities.
Excellent understanding of topical digital and technology issues in a public sector setting.
Knowledge of customer relationship management, contact management and/or website management systems.
Know how to make projects succeed, as well as stopping them failing.
Proven understanding of council customers (or similar), their needs and challenges with regards digital access and skills.