Do you have 1st and 2nd line support experience and a passion for delivering excellent customer service? Are you a great team player who has a good knowledge of a wide range of software and hardware solutions? Then read on!
We’re looking for an enthusiastic team player to join our friendly, experienced and hardworking ICT team. In this varied and interesting role you will be passionate about ensuring that ICT’s customers receive an excellent level of service and can deal with incidents and requests quickly and effectively. You will be covering the service desk, in accordance with the agreed rota, using your technical experience to deal with requests through multi-channels and maintaining the highest customer service standards. You will be providing regular updates on customers incidents/requests, working closely with 3rd line support/external suppliers for complex issues and have the opportunity to contribute to project delivery where possible.
*Some home working available with this role.
About the Person:
- You will have strong experience of resolving complex 1st & 2nd line incidents
- You will have worked in a similar team, a solid technical background with a talent for troubleshooting and problem solving.
- You have excellent knowledge of desktop hardware and MS Office software and Windows operating systems
- You will have experience of working to SLAs, managing, and prioritising their own workload
- You must have good knowledge of core infrastructure systems, applications and security techniques
- You will be highly motivated and capable.
- Are capable of working well on your own and as be a supportive member of a team.
- Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
- Minimum 5 GCSE passes, including English and Maths - preferred
- Microsoft and Desktop Software Accreditation - preferred
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Closing Date: 05 December 2021 @ 23:59
Interviews: W/c 13 December 2021
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.