Can you offer a smile and a caring, cheery attitude to our customers as you support them to make the most of and enjoy the activities and services offered by our Hersham Centre for the Community? Would you like to spend time with a group of dedicated and inspiring people? Can you work five days a week supporting older people in the community? If the answer to these questions is ‘yes’, then we may have a role for you?
Working with an energetic and dedicated team, you will be helping older people and people with learning difficulties to enjoy social activities as they benefit from the services available at our Hersham Centre for the Community. You will be one of the people bringing a smile, a laugh and even comfort to our older and more vulnerable customers.
We pride ourselves on our commitment to our community and we are proud of the support we bring to our older residents through the Community Support Services team. This group of committed and inspiring individuals come together to offer our residents a huge variety of care and support. For example,
- Meals on wheels
- Community alarm and telecare services
- Community transport
- Relief carers scheme
- And specialist groups supporting those with Parkinson’s and those recovering from a stroke.
You can be part of this!
At the heart of this service are our seven Centres for the Community in Hersham, Walton-on-Thames, Weybridge, Thames Ditton, Cobham, Molesey and Claygate. Each of these centres has its own personality; its own community but they are connected by a determination to provide high quality services to older and vulnerable people in our community.
About the role
- You will be working at our Hersham Centre for the Community.
- The job will be truly varied and as you might expect from the job title.
- You will be in a great position to ensure that Hersham Centre provides the best possible service to our customers.
- You will have a good standard of education, be equally happy working in a team as on your own and you will understand the value the importance of customer service.
If you would like to know more, please call Amy on 01932 246267 or pop into Hersham Centre for the Community itself to meet the team and to find out more.