The starting salary for this role is £27,991 per annum, working 36 hours per week.
This role is open to remote working meaning you aren't required in the office 5 days a week. We're less about you driving to work and more about us collectively driving down our carbon footprint. We care about how you work rather than where you work; the people rather than the postcode. In support of our people and our greener futures strategies, we'd welcome a conversation with the successful candidate on what remote working may look like for you.
In this role you will be providing high-level, flexible business and administrative support to both the management team and the Community Partnership and Engagement Service, assisting in the delivery of the full range of its work.
You will be part of a busy, exciting, friendly, and fast-paced service that is helping to drive our organisation’s priority of connecting, empowering, and supporting communities to thrive by building strong internal and external partnerships, as well as providing funding to help achieve their goals. You will need a can-do attitude and the ability to adopt creative responses and solutions to both existing and emerging service support needs. You will be critical to the smooth-running of the service, and will need to be adaptable to changing requirements, and also willing to undertake and balance a wide range of demands.
To be shortlisted for interview, both your CV and personal statement must clearly evidence that you have:
- Experience in compiling performance reports, resource planning and scheduling, maintaining risk plans, coordinating staff recruitment, data protection and retention, training plans event planning.
- Excellent understanding of best practice business support processes.
- Ability to provide excellent support and liaison to our diverse customers including local councillors, residents, and external partner and community organisations.
- Ability to take on specific projects, either guided by or supporting other team members in the accomplishment of their duties.
- High levels of computer literacy including use of email, word processing, presentations, spreadsheets, digital and social media platforms software.
- Experience of time administration and ordering office supplies.
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to organise and support both internal and external events and workshops.
- Excellent numeracy skills, with the ability to analyse, summarise and present information clearly, compiling team reports, minutes and action notes.
- Experience of financial reporting and management, including the ability and confidence to obtain sign-off for budget expenditure, and ensure compliance with organisational accounting procedures.
- Ability to make decisions at the appropriate time based on the information available and the requirements of the situation.
- Tact and discretion and are aware of the importance of confidentiality.
- A full UK Driving Licence and access to your own means of transport.
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.
For more information please find the full job description below and refer to this before submitting your application. We also invite you to read our Life at Surrey handbook to see insights of the culture at Surrey and how as a valued employee, you can help shape our Council.Additional Information
This job advert closes at 23:59 on 01/12/2021. Please apply on the Surrey County Council website.
Interviews will take place week commencing 06/12/2021.
For further information, please contact Sandra Brown by email at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied to assist you in your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.