What does it take to be a planner at Elmbridge?
Commitment? Determination? Pragmatism? Solution-focussed attitude?
We would suggest that it takes all of this and one other trait; we want our planners to be passionate about design.
That’s what makes planning services at Elmbridge different; we have talented, passionate people, determined to do their best work for Elmbridge, influencing and helping to shape Elmbridge.
If you want to be a planner and you have the motivation to undertake professional qualifications, we will support you in a day release course at University.
You will see the other essential criteria in the person specification, but it’s your approach to work that will be your main asset.
Whether you are a planning manager, officer or trainee you will understand that you have an important role to play in helping us to shape Elmbridge. You will be supporting our customers and helping them to understand the role good planning makes in shaping an area.
Elmbridge is one of the busiest local planning authorities in the country and sets very high standards for the delivery of planning decisions within Government targets. With land values that rival London and a population of 135,000, we will provide you with an interesting and challenging step in your career.
We know we ask a lot, but the good news is that we give a lot too.
Learning and development:
- We will support you on that journey by creating a bespoke learning and development plan for you.
- You will meet people in the team who have completed Masters, been promoted within the team and have taken on other professional qualifications.
- And we really mean it! We know you must juggle work and life commitments and we will discuss the right mix for you, whether its compressed hours or working from home.
- When you thrive Elmbridge thrives, which is why we have developed a strong and varied wellbeing programme for our employees, from mindfulness to lunchtime table tennis – the options are there for you.
- Not forgetting our excellent pension and ‘Thrive’ package of employee benefits and discounts with various local businesses. There is also free employee parking.
We encourage you to read more on us and if you have any queries please give us a call.
Here are some reading options to help you with your decision making:
If you would like to talk to us about the role, please give Paul our Development Manager a call on 01372 474808.
What are you waiting for?
Closing date: Sunday 24 October 2021
Interview date: w/c 1 November 2021
How to Apply
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We only accept online applications. Our applications can take up to 2hrs to complete.
To apply use the "Apply Online" button below, which will take you to our Applicant Tracking System ('ATS') where, once you have applied, you can log on to your online account at any time to view the status of any of your applications. By using ATS, you can track the progress of your application(s), receive communications by email, select your own interview time online and see whether you have been made a conditional offer.