Senior Sport and Health Development Officer
Salary: £34,266-£36,192 (SO2)
36 hours per week
Do you work in sport and health development? Are you interested in a new challenge? If the answer is ‘yes’ read on.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative and committed person to help us improve the physical and mental health of our residents and to help make Elmbridge a great place to live, work and play.
We are determined that our residents should have the opportunity to take part in wide range of sports and activities to help support their physical and mental wellbeing. You will play a vital role in making this happen.
Working within the leisure and cultural services team, you will have the opportunity to manage a team driving new sport, health and physical activity initiatives. You will also work with local sports clubs and a wide range of voluntary sector groups, volunteers and other council teams leading activities across the borough.
- Experience of sport and health development work within the public or private sector.
- Continued professional development through recognised coaching\ instructing qualifications
- Experience of working in partnership with a range of organisations in the public, private and \ or voluntary sector
- Possess a sound working knowledge of Sport England\ Public Health initiatives and policies, County Sports Partnership and local strategies.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as a part of a team.
- Understanding and commitment to equity principles.
- Experience of project management.
- Experience of financial management.
We are progressive organisation, committed to supporting the people of Elmbridge and that commitment extends to our employees.
- Wellbeing: When you thrive Elmbridge thrives, which is why we have developed a strong and varied wellbeing programme for our employees, from mindfulness to healthy walks – the options are there for you.
- Learning and development: We all know learning doesn’t stop when you leave university, it is an ongoing journey and we will support you on that journey by creating a bespoke learning and development plan.
- Flexible working: We can offer a mix of both working from home and office-based work.
Our careers website (https://careers.elmbridge.gov.uk/) will give you lots of information on Elmbridge and you should also view our LinkedIn page to see examples of our energy, creativity and commitment to our customers.
For an informal conversation about the post, please contact Emily Jones, Senior Sport and Health Development Officer on 01372 474570
Closing Date: Tuesday 17th August
Interview Date: Wednesday 25th August
How to Apply
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We only accept online applications. Our applications can take up to 2hrs to complete.
To apply use the "Apply Online" button below, which will take you to our Applicant Tracking System ('ATS') where, once you have applied, you can log on to your online account at any time to view the status of any of your applications. By using ATS, you can track the progress of your application(s), receive communications by email, select your own interview time online and see whether you have been made a conditional offer.