Have you strong experience in assessing Housing Benefit claims? Do you have great communication skills and would love to work in a great team? Then read on!
Our friendly and dedicated Benefits & Fraud Team are looking for two enthusiastic individuals to join them. You will be required to assess new housing benefit and council tax support claims whilst also assessing any changes in circumstances via e channels such as ATLAS, UCLRT and RTI. You will be responsible for first stage appeals/reconsiderations, liaise with various stakeholders, assess entitlement to Discretionary Housing payments, maximise recovery of payments whilst assessing underlying entitlement.
About the Person:
- You will have strong knowledge of Housing Benefit assessment and legislation - Essential
- You will have proven experience of dealing with the public/customers - Essential
- Ideally you will have knowledge of Northgate/Academy systems - Preferred
- You will be competent in Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook - Essential
- You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills - Essential
- You will be highly motivated and capable.
- Are capable of working well on your own and as be a supportive member of a team.
- Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
- Good standard of education with a minimum of grade C of Maths and English GCSE or equivalent
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Closing Date: 25 July 2021 @ 23:59
Interviews: W/c 02 August 2021
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail email@example.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.