We are determined to deliver a quality housing service in Elmbridge. Our people have knowledge, experience and compassion. Our people are committed to supporting vulnerable people secure a home. Can you be one of our people?
We need you to help us prevent homelessness in Elmbridge and where it can’t be prevented work to find a housing solution for those who become homeless.
- You will work in a busy team providing a frontline service and working on rota for those who are homeless or threatened with homelessness.
- You will work to prevent homelessness wherever possible and will develop and keeping under review personalised housing plans taking into account the specifc needs and circumstances of those who become homeless.
- You will assist in monitoring cases and processes to comply with our prevention and relief duties under the Homelessness Reduction Act, as well as providing support with the statutory review process and completion of government statistical returns.
- To maximise housing solutions, you will work collaboratively with key partners and stakeholders to provide the best prospect for a client to secure and sustain accommodation.
- If homelessness can’t be prevented, you will seek suitable housing options for clients and will undertake detailed homelessness investigations.
- You will have experience of working in a frontline team and be able to influence and negotiate successfully.
- You will need to have a general understanding of the Councils duties to homeless households and prevention and relief duties under the Homelessness Reduction Act
- Your ability to provide solutions, communicate and to establish effective working relationships will serve you well in this role.
We are progressive organisation, committed to supporting the people of Elmbridge and that commitment extends to our employees.
- Wellbeing: When you thrive Elmbridge thrives, which is why we have developed a strong and varied wellbeing programme for our employees, from mindfulness to healthy walks – the options are there for you.
- Learning and development: We all know learning doesn’t stop when you leave university, it is an ongoing journey and we will support you on that journey by creating a bespoke learning and development plan.
We operate a rota system in the team to ensure that we are available from 8.45am each day, you will be part of this rota. We can offer a mix of both working from home and office based work.
Find out more about our housing service on our website: https://www.elmbridge.gov.uk/housing/
If you have any queries about the role, please contact Sue Lucking on 01372 474521 or Juliette Martin on 01372 474598
Closing date: 5th July 2021 9am
Interviews will be held on 8th July 2021