Are you passionate about helping families in need? Do you have experience of providing money management support to build confidence? Then this extremely rewarding opportunity is definitely for you!
Our warm, passionate and hardworking Family Support Team are looking for a Money Support Advisor to cover a period of maternity leave. You will be supporting Reigate and Banstead residents to maximise their income, become more confident at budgeting and help to prevent increasing debt. You will focus on money management and building people’s confidence by providing support in areas such as benefits, maximising income, budgeting, reducing debts and tenancy sustainment.
You will also provide an understanding of and increase confidence in the benefits system (including Universal Credit) amongst residents and professionals within the Borough. This will be through proactive, preventative work, as well as appropriate signposting to other agencies. The role will also be responsible for raising awareness and promoting best practice to staff around money management.
About the Person:
- You must have experience of liaising with statutory, non-statutory and voluntary agencies – Essential.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the benefits system – Preferable.
- Experience of dealing with vulnerable and sometimes demanding clients – Preferable.
- Ability to work effectively on own initiative, prioritise workload and meet deadlines – Essential.
- Full UK Driving Licence with access to a vehicle - Essential
- You will be highly motivated and capable.
- Are capable of working well on your own and as be a supportive member of a team.
- Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent experience
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Closing Date: 20 June 2021 @ 23:59
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail email@example.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.