Do you have an interest in local government and would you like to be at the heart of the Council’s decision-making process? Are you keen to learn what it’s like working in a political environment whilst also developing your skills and experience?
If the answers to these questions are yes, then Reigate and Banstead Borough Council have the apprenticeship you’ve been waiting for!
Working closely with colleagues, councillors (including the Mayor), senior officers and elected members, you will provide administrative support to the wider team, as well as experience the decision-making process first-hand. You will gain a broad prospective on the varied work that is done across the council, all whilst studying for a Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship standard.
About the Person
- We want you to bring us your enthusiasm for learning and contributing to the work of the team.
- You will have good written and verbal communication skills and an understanding of how to communicate with different audiences.
- Your workload will be varied and you will need to learn to manage your time well.
- You will also need to be flexible and available for evening meetings.
- Knowledge of MS Teams would be an advantage but is not essential.
- GCSE Maths and English Grades A-C or 4-9 or equivalent (please state this in your application)
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Closing Date: 27 June 2021 @ 23:59
Interviews: 07 - 09 July 2021
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail email@example.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.