Do you have significant experience of providing valuable support to families in need? Do you have the dedication and enthusiasm to work in partnership with families to achieve sustainable and transformational change? Then this rewarding role will be just what you are looking for!
This is an excellent opportunity to join our close knit, passionate and hardworking team to coordinate the support of local families through a variety of different services and sector agencies, with successful results. You will be required to work intensively with families and provide appropriate support, information, guidance, advice and practical help. You will work and liaise with agencies and practitioners, risk assess and analyse family function, dynamics, routines and relationships within the family home to help to identify the root causes of difficulties. You will also be required to use your strong administration and IT skills to document all your hard work.
You will be joining a growing, innovative multi-agency team which supports the successful co-ordination of local statutory and voluntary services to work in partnership with families to achieve sustainable and transformational change.
PRINCIPLE PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- To work as a Family Support Co-ordinator for the South West Surrey Family Support Program which is embedded within Guildford Borough Council’s Communities Team.
- Supporting a caseload of families with multiple and complex needs who meet the criteria for intensive outreach support (level 3/4 Early Help) throughout the boroughs of Waverley and Guildford.
- Families being supported will have a range of need around referral criteria of; unemployment, mental and physical health, school attendance, family function, parenting capacity, domestic abuse, substance misuse, safeguarding and will need intensive support to unlock the pattern of dysfunction.
- The purpose of the Family Support Program is to undertake holistic whole family assessments to identify needs, manage risks and use a coordinated approach with the expertise and resources of a range of multi-agency partners and put families back on a pathway to recovery within their local community.
- Family Coordinators will be expected to work flexible hours to meet the needs of families and the service.
- Family Coordinators will be expected to work a combination of remote, home and office-based working.
- Family Coordinators are expected to participate in an intensive induction program to assist them in their role as well as regular case and clinical supervision on taking up the post.
This is an excellent opportunity for professional development.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required for the successful candidate prior to appointment.
For any further information about the role, please call
Kelly Rumsey-Olton on 07771 505081/01483 444059 or Vicky Grinter on 01483 444088
Closing Date: 27th May 2021 @ 23:59 Interviews: W/c 7th June 2021