- Do you enjoy helping people?
- Can you manage a multi-skilled team?
- Are you able to work under pressure?
- Are you able to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously?
- Are you IT proficient?
If this sounds like you then this could be an exciting opportunity for you to join our Customer Service team as a Team Leader (Tourism).
We are looking for enthusiastic and committed team players to join us to deliver the highest standard of customer services to our internal and external customers.
- Promote new ways of working, responsible for multi-skilling people within teams and encouraging knowledge sharing across customer services teams
- To act as lead Customer Services Advisor with Tourism being the main area of specialism, personally owning the resolution of more complex cases
- To operationally manage staff fulfilling the council’s tourism offering
- To support and develop others within the team in the areas of specialism
- Support operational management of the service, including overseeing people and responding to performance information
- To be the main escalation point of service issues including more complex customer care issues/enquiries
Applicants will need to demonstrate previous customer service experience as well as excellent verbal communication skills and IT proficiency. We are seeking applicants with the ability to analyse information, plan, monitor and use their own initiative, and most importantly be customer focused at all times. Experience of leading a customer focus team is essential. Previous contact or call centre experience is desirable.
In return, we offer a generous annual leave entitlement, pension scheme, childcare vouchers and pleasant working environment near to the town centre.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Peter Stevens (Deputy Head of Customer, Case and Parking Services) on 01483 505050.
If you are interested in this busy and varied role, please apply online.
A basic DBS check will be required for the successful applicant prior to appointment.