Caseworker (Housing Assessment)
Permanent full time
Are you a pro-active, motivated and confident individual who is seeking a challenging role. If the answer is “yes” then we’d love to hear from you and to help start your career within a busy and fast paced environment.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Provide housing advice to customers on the telephone and through correspondence.
- Assess and process housing applications under our published allocation scheme.
- Maintain and update changes to the housing applications.
- Liaise and work flexibly with our Homeless Prevention Team.
- Opportunity to expand into other areas within the case work team.
What you need to succeed in this role:
- A proactive approach, with strong administrative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with people.
- Conscientious attitude and attention to detail.
- A good standard of numeracy and literacy.
- IT skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good organisational skills with the ability to take the initiative.
What’s in it for you?
With some 700 employees, we are a diverse organisation delivering a wide range of services and employing people with an even broader range of skills. We are eager to attract the best so we provide excellent training opportunities, offer well established flexible working arrangements including the ability to vary your start and finish times where the business allows. We also offer many other benefits including health and wellbeing initiatives and discount off a range of well known high street shops and supermarkets. This role attracts a salary of £22,031 - £36,004 per annum and an annual leave entitlement of 22 days plus bank holidays.
Please note this role is a multi-grade role, salary offers are usually made at the lower grade, allowing for progression.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Peter Stevens on 01483 505050
Closing date: 15/04/21 Interview date: To be confirmed