Can you offer a smile and a cheery attitude to our customers as you make them a hot meal? Would you like to spend time with a group of dedicated and inspiring people? Are you looking for a role supporting older people in the community? If the answer to these questions is ‘yes’, then we may have a role for you?
Working with an energetic and dedicated team, you will be responsible for cooking the meals for our customers and supporting our Meals on Wheels service in Elmbridge and Mole Valley. However, there is more to your role than delivering wholesome and tasty meals and ensuring high standards of hygiene and service are provided; you will be one of the people bringing a smile, a laugh and even comfort to our older customers and our adults with learning disability group that is based at the centre. .
We pride ourselves on our commitment to our community and we are proud of the support we bring to our older residents through the Community Support Services team. This group of committed and inspiring individuals come together to offer our residents a huge variety of care and support. For example,
- Meals on wheels
- Community alarm and telecare services
- Community transport
- Dementia Services
- Cobham Link
- And specialist groups supporting those with Parkinson’s and those recovering from a stroke.
You can be part of this!
At the heart of this service are our seven Centres for the Community in Hersham, Walton-on-Thames, Weybridge, Thames Ditton, Cobham, Molesey and Claygate. Each of these centres has its own personality; its own community but they are connected by a determination to provide high quality services to older and vulnerable people in our community.
About the role
- The Cobham Centre for the Community require an innovative cook to provide nutritious and balanced meals at the Centre and for the meals-on-wheels service. The post holder will manage a small team and will be responsible for menu planning, stock control and cooking and serving meals. You will be based at Cobham but also provide centre meals for Thames Ditton.
- The job will be truly varied and as you might expect from the job title you will be involved with a variety of kitchen and catering tasks such as preparing food, cooking and cleaning catering equipment, as well assisting in serving lunches.
- You will be in a great position to share ideas across the Centre and to help ensure that our Centres provide the best possible service to our customers.
- You will have a good standard of education, be passionate about cooking, equally happy working in a team as on your own and you will understand the value and importance of customer service.
If you would like to know more, please call Mark on 01932 596 030.
Closing date: Tuesday 27th April 9am.
How to Apply
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We only accept online applications. Our applications can take up to 2hrs to complete.
To apply use the "Apply Online" button below, which will take you to our Applicant Tracking System ('ATS') where, once you have applied, you can log on to your online account at any time to view the status of any of your applications. By using ATS, you can track the progress of your application(s), receive communications by email, select your own interview time online and see whether you have been made a conditional offer.