Are you looking for a role where you can develop your experience of partnering with business management and using your financial expertise to positively influence business outcomes? Then read on as this might be the job for you!
We are looking for an Accountant to join our friendly, well respected and hard-working Finance Team. You will be based at the Town Hall with a very flexible approach to home working (currently we are 100% working remotely) and be responsible for contributing towards a broad range of technical accounting disciplines to support the delivery of the Council’s Management & Commercial Accounting services.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in Financial Planning, Management Accounting, and providing varied financial advice support to the wider management team. There will also be the opportunity to add to your development by supporting the Financial Systems accountant (where required) and you will be actively encouraged to suggest initiatives to develop the Finance Function and financial processes.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Financial planning, including management and analysis of annual budget and forecasting processes - Essential
- Management Accounting, including management of period end process, transaction entry and performance reporting - Essential
- Financial Analysis, including Business Case creation and review – Preferable
- Excellent systems experience, including BWO, MS Office suite - Preferable
About the Person:
- You are driven and motivated by supporting and partnering with business management to provide successful outcomes.
- You are able to understand and interpret complex technical information, regulations and Codes of Practice.
- You are able to work to a consistently high level of accuracy.
- You possess excellent technical communication skills, in writing and in person.
- You have excellent numerical skills and strong competence in the use of accounting systems, MS Excel and MS Word.
- You have strong organisational, time and management skills and have a methodical approach to working.
- Highly motivated and capable.
- Able to work well on your own and as be a supportive member of a team.
- Able to build relationships and influence.
- Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- Confident to make process improvement suggestions.
- CCAB qualified/part-qualified (or equivalent) or AAT (Level 4) qualified (or equivalent) – Essential
- Commitment to complete CCAB (preferably CIPFA) qualification - Essential
You will receive excellent one to one training, if required, as well as relevant courses to aid personal development. We will support completion of CCAB studies. Please see the job summary below for further details.
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Closing Date: 18th July 2021 @ 23:59
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.