We are looking for an experienced, skilled and knowledgeable person with a track record of senior leadership and school improvement to:
- Line manage the Early Years, Statutory Assessment and Alternative Provisions Teams.
- Be the contract holder and commissioning lead for the council’s joint venture company, Schools’ Alliance for Excellence (SAfE), which is responsible for the council’s statutory duties for educational effectiveness and work in partnership with SAfE where a setting needs a formal intervention
- Work in partnership with SAfE and our educational settings to ensure that we meet educational priorities including improving outcomes for disadvantaged learners and CIN pupils
- Lead on key strategies that secure the best outcomes for children and young people
- Be a key member of the Schools and Education Safeguarding Forum
While the surrey educational system – comprising settings, schools and colleges – is very successful, there are areas of challenge. These are the progress of pupils general, and the progress and attainment of disadvantaged pupils, and pupils with special educational needs.
Essential criteria for the role:
Candidates should have:
- A good knowledge of top-tier council powers and duties relating to educational effectiveness, including challenge and intervention of schools and settings of concern, and early years and key stage one and two statutory assessment;
- The skill to work with and manage relationships with a wide variety of partners and stakeholders, including school leaders, governors and senior staff in other agencies including the DfE
- Experience of working in school effectiveness or related areas, including strategy development, annual action planning, budget management and the management of staff
- A sound safeguarding knowledge
- A valid driver's licence and the availability of an insured vehicle for the performance of work-related duties is an essential requirement of the role. Applications from those who do not meet this requirement will not be considered.
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job description.Additional Information
For an informal discussion contact Jane Winterbone by e-mail at email@example.com.
A secondment on a fixed term would be considered.
We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 17:00pm on 19th April 2021
Interview dates to be confirmed.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under-represented groups.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.Company Information
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.