We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, ambitious and innovative marketing and communications professional to play a key role within the Communications and Team. You will deputise for the manager and help articulate our forward-thinking Council’s corporate values and priorities across a range of channels, helping to deliver on our new communications strategy through first class communication and marketing behaviour change campaigns.
Our Council is changing - we are on a journey to transform the way we engage with our residents, businesses, visitors and partners to become an outstanding organisation serving an outstanding borough. The Communications Team is central to strengthening our relationships with our communities, reaching a diverse range of audiences, positively changing behaviour and ensuring our residents, visitors and businesses are aware of the services and opportunities available to them.
About the role:
This senior role is a fantastic opportunity to join our Communications and Digital Team, part of the new Strategy and Communications Team. You will lead on variety of day to day work and projects and can help shape the way we work internally as a team and with our services, and externally with residents, businesses, partners and stakeholders.
You will be experienced in Public Sector or local government, a creative all-rounder, digital-first focussed and social media savvy and used to handling a diverse range of work often at a pace. You are professional and have a confident can-do approach. Your excellent people skills and ability to work with all stakeholders internally and externally from central and local government officials to officers to national and local press will mean you’ll thrive being part of a high profile and visible team.
You will be a self-motivated natural team-player keen to develop mentoring skills while being supportive, flexible and resourceful. You will effectively use a variety of communications and marketing channels from Next Door to Microsoft 365 to deliver on a broad range of projects and campaigns across the Council’s varied portfolio of services.
You will be expected to perform at level 2 accountability.
Delivering clear and effective communications to the borough and within the organisation using a variety of channels from digital (social media, website, video) to traditional email, print and radio. Engaging customers and gaining customer insight, helping the Council use analytics and evaluation to shape aims, projects and services. Providing an effective marketing function to all council services and provide support to the commercialisation of services and the promotion of the borough.
Skill and experience required:
- In-depth understanding and demonstrable experience and skills in advanced communications, marketing and engagement (including campaigns)
- Excellent PR skills and press and media experience
- Excellent written and communication skills across all channels from social media to web to print
- Experience in managing own projects and delivering to tight deadlines
- Excellent and demonstrable skills as a team player
- Excellent knowledge and skills of methodologies in communications, engagement and marketing
- Working knowledge of legislation and developments in communications. marketing and local government
- Excellent understanding and skills in digital and social media and experience of using and editing video
- Public Sector or local government experience required
The benefits include:
- flexible working options including home working
- relocation assistance where eligible
- Local Government pension scheme and childcare voucher schemes
- a supportive Employee Assistance Programme
A valid UK driving licence and use of own transport during working hours in order to attend meetings is required.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Emma McBriarty, Senior Policy Officer (Communications Manager), email@example.com