Do you have a passion for infrastructure?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Strategy Specialist to join our Strategy team, who focus on planning and place making strategies for the district. We’re currently undergoing examination on our Local Plan with lots of opportunity for exciting developments planned for the future which you’ll be involved in, including delivering infrastructure.
This is your chance to be part of great team. You’ll be taking on a diverse range of infrastructure based projects which will help Tandridge ensure that much needed infrastructure is planned for and secured for the benefit of our communities, businesses and visitors.
What the role would include:
- To engage with internal and external partners and take a proactive approach to developing and delivering infrastructure.
- To assist and co-ordinate the development of funding strategies and bids for the benefit of the district
- To have a clear understanding on the infrastructure priorities for Tandridge, which are delivered by a variety of internal and external partners and stakeholders
- To have an understanding of planning obligations and the Community Infrastructure Levy, in coordination with existing staff, and develop the Infrastructure Funding Statement.
- To develop a good working relationship with elected Members and Parish Councils
- To represent the council at partnership and other meetings, ensuring consistency of messages and practices to external partners
- To be involved in the drafting and examination of Local Plan policies and the preparation and maintenance of an up to date Infrastructure Delivery Plan.
The ideal candidate:
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude;
- A clear ability to manage workloads, deadlines and priorities;
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills;
- The ability to take a lead on some of our key projects;
- Knowledge of local plans and the development management process; and
- Experience of infrastructure planning, planning obligations and the Community Infrastructure Levy.
If you would like to find out more about the role please contact our Head of Strategy, Sarah Thompson, at Sthompson@tandridge.gov.uk.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy earlier than the stated closing date.