£3000 golden hello and £2000 annual car allowance subject to terms and conditions. N.B. pro-rated for part time
The Borough of Surrey Heath is diverse and in addition to urban and town locations contains countryside and rural settlements, conservation areas, green belt land, sites of nature conservation and land liable to flood.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced planner. This role will include dealing with a variety of planning applications, comprising a mix of delegated and committee applications. The successful candidate will be expected to deal with applications for major developments, which may require extensive pre-application discussions and hard negotiation on complex issues, and will be expected to represent the Council on appeals.
The successful applicant will:
- Possess good technical knowledge of development management.
- Have demonstrable experience working on a wide range of planning applications.
- Have experience of working on major developments (desirable).
- Have experience of presenting at committee.
- Be a highly motivated person, possessing ambition and drive.
- Be able to positively influence outcomes by working effectively with developers and applicants.
- Be able to handle pressure and competing interests.
Benefits include a minimum of 24 days annual leave, flexi time, Local Government Pension Scheme and free parking
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Michelle Fielder (Development Management Team Leader) on ext. 7241 or Jonathan Partington (Development Manager) on ext. 7296
For further information, job description and person specification, please visit https://www.surreyheath.gov.uk/council/jobs
Closing date: Friday 27th November 2020
Interview Date: TBC