We are looking to recruit a commercially minded Contract Manager to lead and motivate a diverse team, who in turn serves a wide geographical area across Surrey County Council.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and proactive Contract Manager to support the Services and residents of Surrey. Your commitment to leading by example and professional attitude will see you take on a challenging and varied post where an eye for detail is essential.
The Contracts Team sits within the Land and Property department in the Resources Directorate. You will be expected to develop and manage the team to deliver an effective and efficient business operation which will achieve and exceed the budgeted financial results. The role will require you to deliver a customer-centric approach to contract management which matches the Services needs.
The Contract Manager must ensure that the whole team are focused on delivering consistently high standards of service to all SCC stakeholders.
As a Contract Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Commercial Leadership
- Client Relationship management
- Budget management and cost controls
- Health & Safety
- Performance management – monitoring, control and reporting
- Business development
- Identification and follow through of contract management improvements – value for money, efficiency and effectiveness
- Operational Management
- Managing people
To be shortlisted for interview your application and personal statement must clearly evidence the following as a minimum requirement:
- Proven multi-disciplinary experience in operational, contract, commercial and project management two years minimum contract management experience in a client-facing role or a Procurement setting
- Experienced in setting and managing budgets and performance management
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at individual, team and group level and equally comfortable and effective in communicating with front line staff, managers, senior management, Members and third-party partners
- Excellent relationship management skills and able to build, develop and maintain positive working relationships with Services and suppliers
- A self-starter with proven problem-solving skills and a focus upon continuous improvement and ability to effectively operate with a high level of autonomy
- Ability to prioritise and manage high-level tasks and directives which may conflict each other
- Able to produce informative and concise reports and make effective oral and written presentations
For more information, please see the full job description attached at the bottom of this page.Additional Information
For an informal discussion please contact Chris Bond on 07796674849 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 27th September with interviews to follow.
Please note that Surrey County Council’s headquarters, where this role is currently based, will be phasing a relocation back into Surrey to support our Community Vision 2030.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.Company Information
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.