We are looking for an experienced Building Management Manager to be a key member of the Corporate Landlord team within the Land and Property Department. You will manage significant programmes of work, providing professional expertise and helping to develop and embed a culture of continuous improvement and innovation in delivering strategic, assurance and operational delivery for the council.
As a Building Management Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Managing and monitoring delegated budgets and resources to ensure value for money and that services are delivered/commissioned within the available budget. Ensure effective financial reporting within the wider governance and reporting arrangements
- Plan, secure and manage the resources necessary for effective and efficient service delivery of hard facility management services
- Provide professional leadership to the team, strengthening skills and competence and fostering a strong culture of standards, performance and accountability
- Assist in leading and improving the performance of the team, developing clear objectives, milestone targets and other performance measures for specific project work
- Champion and manage organisational change within area of responsibility to build an environment that engages staff to design innovative and creative strategies to achieve individual, service and organisational goals
- Promote, enable and support innovation, manage risk-taking and performance management to enable continuous service improvement
- To work interdependently as part of a property management team in developing and delivering good practices that enable the council to manage its building efficiently, and risk adversely
To be shortlisted for interview your CV and personal statement must clearly evidence the following as a minimum requirement:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Management of teams totalling over 50 officers
- Be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Manage financial budgets and be able to forecast
- Good knowledge of IT systems, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills with a high standard of listening, spoken and written English
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job profile.Additional Information
For an informal discussion please contact Dominic Barlow on 07973768904 or at email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 20/09/2020 with interviews to follow.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.Company Information
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.