About the Role
As a member of the elections team you will actively participate in the delivery of all aspects of electoral services for the borough of Reigate & Banstead, including electoral registration, absent voting, publication of the register, and participation in the planning, risk assessing and organisation of all elections and referenda.
You will be either an experienced electoral services professional or have an interest in elections and democracy with an enthusiasm to start a career in electoral services and study for the Association of Electoral Administrators’ qualifications.
About the Person
• Minimum 2 A Levels or 2 years’ experience in an office environment
• Excellent IT skills
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, flexible and reliable
• Willingness to undertake continuous professional training and personal development
• Excellent communication skills
• Team player
• Able to work irregular additional hours in the evenings and weekends when required in the lead up to elections or referenda
• Well organised, effective time management skills and attention to detail
• 2 years’ experience in electoral services and / or a degree in a relevant subject area is preferred
• Unless already qualified, you will be expected to undertake relevant training and study for the Association of Electoral Administrators’ qualifications, which will be funded by the authority.
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave, and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership.
For an informal discussion about the role, please call Alex Vine, Electoral Services Manager, on 01737 276067.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
Closing date: Wednesday 1st July 2020
Interview date: Wednesday 8th July 2020
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change. Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.