Dave Hill, Executive Director for Children, Families, Lifelong Learning and Culture
“We are creating an environment where talent is nurtured and people are supported to be the best they can be. Our work with partners is ensuring that the child is at the centre of everything we do, and we are looking for social workers and social work managers who can help us make a real difference by driving forward the transformation of our services.”
Can you nurture and grow a team of social workers and practitioner who will
- Improve the lives of the children and young people living in Surrey.
- Empower children and young people to have voice.
- Care about children and young people, their wellbeing and their future?
If the answer is yes, then we want you to consider joining us here at Surrey as a Team Manager, to lead our team of dedicated and passionate Social Workers and practitioners to help improve the outcome of children in their care.
About the role
At Surrey, our Children Services are on a rapid journey of transformation, with a new dedicated senior leadership team in place, spearheaded by Dave Hill as our Executive Director for Children, Families, Lifelong Learning and Culture.
A pivotal part of this transformation journey is to ensure that we have managers in place who are motivated in creating an environment where talent is nurtured and people are supported to be the best they can be.
As a skilled communicator with the ability to build and foster effective working relationships with not only your team, but our partners and colleagues across the county as required to ensure there is successful co-productive working across the division.
Throughout all that you do, you will ensure that your team upholds and champion best practice so that together, we are focused on solving problems before they escalate and we meet the needs of our Children, Young People and their families, reducing the risk of harm.
We believe that Surrey is one place in the country where professionals can make the biggest difference to children lives. We have taken huge strides towards delivering outstanding children services, and we want professionals who are passionate as we are to join us on this journey.
We offer £45,734 to £51,725 per annum for Team Managers dependent on level of experience. As part of this transformation we are looking for Team Managers in the following areas (Please specify team and area when applying)
- Multi Agency (MAP) team – Millmead, Guildford
- Assessment Team - No positions currently available
- Family Safeguarding / Adolescent Team – Woking, Walton, Redhill, Guildford
- Leaving Care Team as an Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children (UASC Leaving Care) - No positions currently available
- Children with Disabilities Team - Woking or Redhill (Reviewing Team)
- Children Looked After Team - Walton, Guildford
- Early Help Hub - Guildford
- Fostering Team - No positions currently available
We would love to hear from you if you are passionate about improving outcomes and safeguarding our children and young people. We made a great start in changing things for the better at Surrey and now want the best people to join us to continue the great work already achieved.
For an informal discussion contact
- Multi Agency (MAP) team - Lisa Bursill - Lisa.Bursill@surreycc.gov.uk
- Assessment Team – Catherine Watkins - Catherine.Watkins@surreycc.gov.uk
- Family Safeguarding / Adolescent Team – James Thurston - James.Thurston@surreycc.gov.uk
- Leaving Care Team as an Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children (UASC Leaving Care) Team Manager – Susan Conway - Susan.Conway@surreycc.gov.uk
- Children with Disabilities Team – Nicole Mills - Nicole.Mills@surreycc.gov.uk
- Looked After Children’s Team – Keith Warren - Keith.Warren@surreycc.gov.uk
- Early Help Hub - Nick Crippa - Nicholas.Crippa@surreycc.gov.uk
- Fostering Team - Clark McCauley - Clark.McAuley@surreycc.gov.uk
Interested in a new challenge?
If you are a registered, qualified Social Worker with Social Work England (or equivalent) simply register your interest by pressing APPLY, and sharing some basic details, we will be able to have an informal conversation with you to help you understand if we are the sort of employer you would like to work for and to discuss team opportunities.
Please have your Social Work England (or Equivalent) Registration Number to hand.
Or if you would just like to have a chat?
If you would like to find out more please email email@example.com with the following details or call us on 01483 518672
We look forward to speaking to you!
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 28 days annual leave, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.
COVID-19 update: Subject to the ongoing situation, it’s essential that we continue recruiting safely. Therefore, interviews and communication will be virtual wherever possible and this will be communicated to you directly by the hiring manager. Please also expect that advert closing dates and interview dates may change as required. We still continue to welcome applications for our current roles and wish you the best of luck with your application.
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.