We have an exciting opportunity within Case Services for a Housing Options Officer to join the Resident Support Team. Working primarily within the Housing Needs service you will be a key member of the front -line team responsible for meeting our statutory responsibilities to people in housing need including those threatened with or experiencing homelessness.
As a Level 2 (TA2) Case Officer you may not have direct experience but will have some knowledge of housing options and homeless prevention; relevant experience in a related field will be an advantage. More importantly you will have a commitment to self -development and a willingness to learn complex legislation.
- Ownership of cases for the prevention and relief of homelessness
- Advising applicants on the range of housing options available to them
- Investigation and assessment of applications from homeless households in accordance with relevant legislation and in compliance with the Council’s statutory duties
- Development and review of Personal Housing Plans
- Working collaboratively with other agencies and partners
To succeed, you will need to be committed to the delivery of excellent customer focussed service, resourceful and flexible in your approach and have a willingness to take ownership of cases seeing them through to a successful conclusion. In addition, you will be a strong team player, have excellent communication and inter-personal skills, be organised, work well under pressure, have an eye for detail and the ability to use initiative and creativity to solve challenging problems.
Case Officers are expected to be flexible and supportive of colleagues and may, on occasions, be required to support other service areas within the Case Services remit.