We are looking for a highly motivated and driven individual to become our Chief Finance and S151 Officer, leading our team of finance specialists working in an ambitious and modern environment.
About the role
It’s a great time to be working at the Council. Based at the Council Offices in Oxted, the role is varied and challenging and is an excellent opportunity to:
- Deliver the Council’s financial strategy.
- Play a key role in ensuring good governance is at the heart of all of the Council’s work.
- Be the lead financial advisor on projects to regenerate the district.
- Play an active part in generating income through the Council’s commercial activity.
- Oversee the Council’s internal audit, exchequer and insurance services.
- Work closely with all parts of the Council, including our senior management team and members.
- Be part of a friendly, collaborative and supportive team, where flexible working is encouraged. You’ll also receive competitive benefits and a local government pension scheme.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for an experienced and highly motivated financial leader, who:
- Can provide high level strategic leadership that is both financial and corporate.
- Ensures compliance with financial, statutory and constitutional requirements.
- Is experienced in transformational activity to deliver more efficient ways of working.
- Has experience of financial governance of commercial developments in the public sector.
- Is a qualified accountant with substantial experience of working in the public sector, preferably within local government.
- Has knowledge of relevant legislation and welcomes the challenge of delivering financial savings for the Council.
- Has a track record of achieving results and demonstrating strong commercial acumen in organisations going through continuous improvement.
To be successful in this role you’ll need to be collaborative and share our ambition for delivering the best for the Council and the district. You may already be a Deputy S151 Officer looking to make your next move, or an experienced S151 Officer seeking wider management experience at a council that values collaboration and innovation.
We have embarked upon a modernisation programme that is working towards delivering services that make a real difference to the prosperity, health and wellbeing of our residents and businesses. We are a modern, flexible employer, passionate about continually improving our service and adapting to be ready for the future and we are looking for an energetic and driven person to join the leadership team.
Find out more
If this sounds like something that would interest you, or if you’d like to find out more about the role, please contact our Acting Chief Executive, Elaine Jackson, on 01883 732717, or e-mail email@example.com.