We have an exciting opportunity within Case Services for a Housing Options Officer to join the Resident Support Team. Working primarily within the Housing Needs service you will be a key member of the front-line team responsible for meeting our statutory responsibilities to people in housing need including those threatened with or experiencing homelessness.
As a Level 3 (TA2) Case Officer you will have some experience in housing options and homeless prevention case work and will have knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation.
- Management of cases for the prevention and relief of homelessness
- Advising applicants fully on the range of housing options available to them
- The investigation and assessment of applications from homeless households in accordance with relevant legislation and in compliance with the Council’s statutory duties
- Development and review of Personal Housing Plans
- To work collaboratively with other agencies and partners
The ideal applicant
- Will demonstrate good knowledge and understanding of Homelessness legislation, case law and best practice
- Will have hands-on experience of preventing homelessness and making section 184 decisions.
To succeed, you will need to be committed to the delivery of excellent customer focussed service, resourceful and flexible in your approach and have a willingness to take ownership of cases seeing them through to a successful conclusion. You will have excellent communication and inter-personal skills, be well organised and work well under pressure, have an eye for detail, and the ability to use initiative and creativity to solve challenging problems.
Case Officers are expected to be flexible and supportive of colleagues and may, on occasions, be required to support other service areas within the Case Services remit.
Interviews will take place on the week commencing 9 March 2020.
How to Apply